All books need friends to help new readers find them! There are simple and free things you can do to help The Likely World find its next audience. Scroll down to find models for reviews & posts.
What to do:
- Buy & read the book (obvious!)
- Post a review on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Likely-World-Melanie-Conroy-Goldman/dp/1597098086/Reviews are a critical way in which Amazon’s algorithm recommends books to new readers. You don’t have to have bought on Amazon to leave a review. You can also follow my author page there, if you wish: https://www.amazon.com/Melanie-Conroy-Goldman/e/B0891ZG867/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1
- Post a review on Goodreads. It can be the same one! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/49771542-the-likely-worldYou can also follow my author page here: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19848225.Melanie_Conroy_Goldman
- Request The Likely World at your local public library and book store. The more people ask, the more librarians and booksellers know about the book, and these are critical for recommendations. ISBN: 1597098086. If it’s already in your library system, tell your friends they can read it for free & share your local library link!
- Recommend The Likely World to friends, students, book clubs, influential people you know, and post about it on social media. Tag me so I know! I’m happy to zoom with your book club or send you Q & As for discussion.
How to do it:
- Start with a short summary of the plot. Feel free to crib the official blurb.
Twenty years of addiction to cloud, a drug which wipes the user’s short-term memory, have left single mom Mellie with her mind in fragments. With the help of a tough-minded sponsor, and motivated by her own medically-challenged daughter, Mellie clings to a fragile sobriety. Then, on the evening of her twenty-ninth day sober, a stranger pulls into her driveway and her heart surges. However, when Mellie’s pursuit of this man and the past they may share threatens her sponsor, Mellie will have to put her tiny family and her recovery at risk in hopes of saving the woman who saved her first.
- Say what you liked about the book. Here are some of what the critics have said to inspire you.
- In Vanity Fair “A woman’s addiction to a short-term memory altering drug is at the center of Conroy-Goldman’s debut. Present and past collide–themes of motherhood and sex clash—A mesmerizing novel unlike anything I’ve ever read.”–LYSLEY TENORIO
- In Publishers Weekly: “Conroy-Goldman’s propulsive debut…themes of motherhood, love and addiction collide in heartbreaking and dangerous ways…The prose is exquisite…this skillful twist on the addiction narrative is worth a look.”
You can also say what you think it is like (movies, books, tv shows) or what kind of reader you think will enjoy it (moms! fans of recovery memoirs! Literary fiction)
Social media posts
Post a pic! A pic you with the book is great, but if you’d prefer, there’s an image below! Then add some text. (Your own is fine, of course, but if you’d prefer to cut and paste, I’ve saved you some trouble):
Instagram: Hurrah! My friend @melanieconroygoldman has a new novel, The Likely World. It’s a mind-bending story about a single mom in recovery from addiction to a memory-erasing drug and it’s good. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Likely-World-Melanie-Conroy-Goldman/dp/1597098086/.
Twitter: Hurrah! My friend @mscongo has a new novel, The Likely World. It’s a mind-bending story about a single mom in recovery from addiction to a memory-erasing drug and it’s good. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Likely-World-Melanie-Conroy-Goldman/dp/1597098086/
Facebook: Hurrah! My friend @melanie.conroygoldman has a new novel, The Likely World. It’s a mind-bending story about a single mom in recovery from addiction to a memory-erasing drug and it’s good. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Likely-World-Melanie-Conroy-Goldman/dp/1597098086/
Below is a graphic you can insert into posts! Or grab your own from my website, https://melanieconroy-goldman.com/press-kit/